Dr White was the founder in 1900 and President, 1900-1939, of Bible Teachers’ College, which was later known as Bible Teachers Training School, renamed the Winona Bible School, and then the Biblical Seminary of New York. In 1966, Biblical Seminary became New York Theological Seminary.
Wilbert Webster White was renowned for his development of an inductive system of Bible Study, emphasizing knowledge of the Bible rather than knowledge about the Bible. His Papers contain an Address by him on the Biblio-centric Curriculum.
The Wilbert Webster White Papers, along with the records of Biblical Seminary and New York Theological Seminary now form part of The Burke Library Archives (Columbia University Libraries) and present a remarkable resource for researchers.
An online finding aid is available at:
Exhibit CuratorRuth Tonkiss Cameron, Archivist for Union Theological Seminary and The Burke Archives
Bookmark this page as: http://www.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/cul/resolve?clio7665773